Thursday, September 20, 2007

When your kids repeat your mistakes...

So yesterday, the kids and I were playing . graham had moved our ottoman and was trying to fix it. He couldn't move it back so he just looked at me and said "damn it!" He had this smile on his face like " don't think this is OK but I'm going to try it anyways" I was just in awe. I sent him to timeout and then went to talk to him. My first reaction was to ask him where he heard that word, but as soon as I asked it I knew exactly where he had -- from me. I t is so hard to see our own mistakes come it in our kids isn't it? I try to not say things like that , but like everyone I definitely make mistakes. Well, this one came back to bite me. It is sooo not fun to explain to a 4 year old that you made a mistake and will ill try to do better. My sweet boy is so understanding though , he just agreed that we would both try not to say words that aren't nice . He just accepts me as I am, flaws and all. I love my kids!

1 comment:

  1. too funny. Brayden threw down a nugget and said "freaking nugget" the other day. oops

    Bran

    ReplyDelete