Saturday, June 12, 2010

Museum of Art

Today, Marty was out of town (in Alys Beach at this really cool event!) but the kids and I went to a Target Family day at the Orlando Museum of Art. It was free admission and they had lots of fun things for the kids. We had some really cool balloons made. Then each kid made a puppet. It was the pigeon from "Don't let the pigeon drive the bus" book.

They had a storytime also in the children's area of the art gallery. Mo Williems is the featured artist right now, he's the one who wrote the pigeon book.

Then we also went and watched a few short videos based on some of Mo Williems books. They were so cute, I will have to make it a point to checkout some of his books from the library.

Then finally Mr. Richard was playing also. For some reason my kids have never really gotten into his music very much though. They love music and love dancing but never been interested in staying to watch him anywhere we have been.

I was so glad that I went with the kids today. I was a little worried that it would be crazy busy and I was by myself but I decided to just try it - so glad I did because it was perfect. We got a parking spot close to the front and it wasn't very crowded at all. The kids even thanked me for taking them when we left:)

Molly and her purple flower. I love the little "pollen" that she added to the middle, and smiley face. The kids loved it also!

Abbie with her pigeon puppet and pink flower. The girls are so funny. They love to have the same things but always want them to be just a little different. Abbie went first and then Molly wanted the same thing just all different colors.

Graham with his puppet and helicopter. It's hard to tell in this picture, but the body is the purple and the propellers are the blue. Graham's propeller part popped while we were walking around, but I was so proud of him because I told him if he wanted it fixed he had to go ask the lady if she would fix it really fast so we didn't have to wait in line another 30 minutes. He went right up and was assertive and got it fixed - and was polite about it:)

Posing in front of the museum

After dinner, we had some dessert and they were all being really silly. Molly decided to use the step, that someone had left in the middle of the kitchen, as her table. So, of course, the others wanted to join in also. It was so funny!


1 comment:

  1. what a fun day :) I love doing that kind of stuff with my kiddos

    ReplyDelete