Monday, August 18, 2008

Kindergarten - already?!

Today was Graham's first day of kindergarten! He has been so excited for this day.
Here he is all dressed in his uniform. 
The girls posing with the big kindergartner. 
Mommy and Graham

Graham and Daddy
The whole family went this morning to take Graham to school.  At his school, Choices in Learning, they have a drop off line.  We gave Graham the option of dropping him off and him walking himself to class or of us walking him to class.  His answer to us was that he wanted to walk himself to class "like a real kindergartner."  So amazed at his confidence. 

It's kind of hard to see but here is a picture of him walking to class. He is in the green shirt.

After dropping Graham off, the school had a "Boo Hoo (or Woo Hoo) Breakfast" for the parents.  The family and I went which I am so glad we did.  We got to meet a few parents from Graham's class and we also got to talk with some families from our church.  After the breakfast when we were in our car leaving, Abbie started crying saying we forgot Graham.  Molly and Abbie kept asking where Graham was all day long.  I didn't quite understand because he went to Pre-K last year.  

So my thoughtful friend, Brittani, offered to watch Molly and Abbie so that I could pick Graham up from his first day and spend some time with just him.  Car line took quite a long time and as soon as Graham got in the car it started to poor rain.  I had planned to take him to Bruster's Ice Cream, but I had never been there and didn't realize that there is no place to sit inside.  Graham decided he just wanted to go to Brittani's and play with his friend Bradley.  I was a little hurt at first but I am so proud that he is seeking out his friends.  

Well, overall his first day seemed to go really well from what he told me.  But because of the hurricane coming, there is no school tomorrow.  I was afraid he would be upset but instead he told me he was glad because school was longer than he thought and he didn't have enough energy for school today.  I definitely understand not having enough energy for things:)

** Cassie pointed out that I didn't tell what I felt - I was so excited for him and honestly not sad at all.  I am a little nervous for the change of always having to be at school everyday from 8:30 to 3, but it is just a new phase and we will adjust and make it work. 

3 comments:

  1. Sweet, sweet Graham. We sure miss you and are so glad his first day was a success!! He will do great!! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, you didn't say if you boo-hood.

    He is going to do great and he looks so big! Congratulations Graham!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He looks SO cute! Congrats sweet boy! I can't believe that little man is already in kindergarten!!

    Love you,
    Bran

    ReplyDelete