Sunday, July 26, 2009

Jesus Loves Me

Today after we got home from church, I was asking the kids what they learned today in their classes. Then I started making lunch and Molly kept saying "Jesus loves me." I thought it was sweet and said to myself "how great is that, she learned more about how Jesus loves us in her class today."

Well, then Abbie came in the room and said something like "yah, Molly, I know, Jesus loves me also." Molly's response was not what I expected, she said "NO, Jesus loves me - not you!" How quickly her sweet comments turned into nasty ones?!

So we then spent all of lunch explaining to Molly how Jesus loves each and every one of us and as Graham said "even the ones who are bad." She seemed to understand or she at least wasn't being mean about Jesus only loving her.

2 comments:

  1. that was funny! i try to enjoy the sweet moments because i know a nasty one is right around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is so funny! What a sweet little girl... I love her deep conviction about God's Passionate Love for HER :)

    ReplyDelete