Friday, September 25, 2009

Oh no...


Yesterday I finally got around to changing Abbie and Molly's "Diamond Castle" Barbie batteries. See this post. Yes, two weeks after they got the Barbies they had played the songs so much that the batteries ran out and yes that was in January. I enjoyed the break for a while and then just never really thought about it until recently, because I found some Alexa and Liana costumes (they are the two Barbies they have from Diamond Castle) for the girls for Halloween.

Well, I am so sad to say that Molly's "Alexa" Barbie still doesn't work all the way!! It only lights up and won't sing the songs. Molly was so excited when she saw the new batteries and then her face was so sad when I told her it still wouldn't work. She looked at me so sadly with huge tears in her eyes. She handled it really well actually but it made me very sad for her. I have to say it made me pretty angry at myself for not changing the batteries when it stopped working. It may have been broken then and we could have either gotten it fixed or bought another. I know it is just a Barbie but the girls absolutely love playing with them. The Barbies dresses are actually starting to kind of fall apart because they have been played with so much over the past 9 months.

I looked on EBay also to see if I could get another one. And I can if I am will to pay $50, um don't think so:( And to make it worse (in my mind at least) they have plenty of the Liana dolls Abbie has for only $20, which is what we paid in the store, and we saw two at Marshall's the other day! Marty says they must have made more of the Liana since she is the blond haired Barbie with a pink dress, funny and true I'm sure. Alexa has brown hair and a purple dress. I guess even little girls prefer blonds to us brunettes, oh well!

So if any of you very few that read this know of anyone who has a "Diamond Castle" singing Alexa Barbie, I would love to buy it - for a reasonable price.

*** And yes at some point I will get around to blogging again. Lately I just haven't been up to it. There are just so many other important things. I guess I thought if I started with a small blog maybe it will get me back in the swing of things. We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment