Friday, December 19, 2008

Doing something right!

Here is Graham's picture that he brought home from school yesterday.


It says "This Christmas I would like to give"... and he wrote "luov to God." (love to God) I had tears in my eyes when I read that.  I guess he really has been listening!  
He told me the picture is of him "handing" God his love.  He made his hair into a mohawk also.  I can always use signs that something I am doing is right with my kids, because as you all know lots of times it doesn't feel like it.  Just the other day, one of the many times we were in Target, they kept telling me all the toys they wanted and asking can we buy it.  And we were looking for someone else's birthday present!  I felt like saying "sorry no presents for Christmas this year - your being selfish."  I realize this time of year they(us) are bombarded with toys and commercials and all the worldliness of Christmas and it is just hard for all of us to keep in check what Christmas is about.  So hopefully we can remember to do what Graham wrote and "give luov to God" this Christmas and all year round!

2 comments:

  1. So sweet! You are definitely doing more than just ONE something right. :-) You are a wonderful mommy. I look up to you in so many ways. Your babies are too precious

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that is just too sweet! I love moments like that. Those make the, "I'm gonna scream and runaway" moments bearable :)

    ReplyDelete